Discuss Get paid for taking on a level 3 Apprentice!!! West Midlands in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

1sammaskell

Hi there im currently doing an apprenticeship which is all paid for, im on my 3rd year now and doing my 2357 and AM2, Ive recently been told by my college that anyone taking on an apprentice will receive a grant off of the government, not sure how this works or anything but hoping it might be of interest if anyone wants to take me on, on a permanent basis.

Im looking for work in the West Midlands area, as an Electricians mate/improver. Im currently working but im looking for a more permanent position at the same time. I am currently studying for my City and Guilds 2330 in electrical installation two nights per week, I am in my 3rd and final year at the moment, I am also doing my NVQ 2356 which is nearly complete, this has all been paid for and it will all be complete by June next year.

Im currently working for Interserve on a school installing containment, wiring flex 7's, fixing lights into ceiling grid, fitting dado trunking, wiring and installing sockets, I have been here for about 3 months.*

I worked at the Telford International centre working for Mittie on behalf of Thomas Vale. This job included all aspects of containment work, wiring lighting circuits and power circuits, pulling in all main SWA cables, wiring transformers, emergency lighting, mounting lights in ceiling tiles, pulling fp cables and cat 5 cables, wiring gregs and flex's. This was a commercial new build project lasting 5 months.*

I have worked on Malvern hospital for 6 months for Interserve assisting electricians. Main aspects were installing trunking, tray and basket, pulling cables for lighting and power, steel and plastic conduit.*

I have done alot of railway work and have done alot of work assisting electricians on the railway for Balfour Beatty Rail division, I have also done alot of work for Mantons in the west midlands area stripping down existing circuits.*

I am 30, i have a CSCS card, also CPCS - 360 digger and dumper
I also have a full UK driving license and transport.
Extremely hard worker
I have my own tools.
I have two years electrical experience.
I have over 10 years construction experience with five of those years being in the rail sector.
I am a quick thinker and able to think on my feet.
I can use power tools.
I am very hard working and reliable, I can provide references if required.

If you give me the oppertunity you will not be dissapointed in my hard work and general willingness.

If you feel that I am the type of person you are looking for please PM or email[email protected]*

Thankyou Sam

There you Go, ....an apprentice that will be an asset to any employer.

One of the very few these days, that can be given a trunking/conduit containment job, (among other wiring systems) without spending days training him, he's already had the experience with qualified working electricians!!

Well done Sam, and the best of luck for the future....

YOU won't be out of work for long with that impressive CV. You remind me of myself. I had the sorts of opportunities that you have had and taken the same approach i.e. work hard, watch, learn, ask questions, have a go, self fund all your courses.

I've rarely been out of work, and wherever I go, I'm valued and do well.

It's the nature of the business that you live from contract to contract. I'd love to work for one firm on the books, but it just seems to be subbing and agency. Works is work though and it sounds like we are doing better than some at the moment.

All the best. You are an example to the rest.

Hi Sam, try ringing JTL on freefone number 0800 0852 308 and ask them for the telephone number of the electrical training officer in your local area. It says on your avatar you are in Kidderminster- if this is correct then its a man named Tony Pask. He will have the details of the local electrical companies in your area and can advise you on any he knows of any who might be looking for someone like you.
Best of luck as others have posted you deserve it and I will see you for your AM2 next year hopefully!!

Reply to Get paid for taking on a level 3 Apprentice!!! West Midlands in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net