Search the forum,

Discuss Hand written certs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All, anyone still using hand written certs, I have currently gone back to them as I found that I was doing them in rough on site and then having to type out about 5 certs on my laptop on the weekend. Don't like taking my laptop to work anymore worried about having it nicked out the van or getting it damaged on site. Is there any software like PIR form u can use on your iphone or any smart phone. any suggestions please

Can't beat hand written ones lol

this and only this.

printed certs look like your estimated gas bill
written certs have an air of thoughtfulness , care , and authenticity about them.

god damn apps , short-cuts for the lazy and slack-jawwed if you ask me ,and if you dont ask me i'm still ranting about it anyway.
;-)

printed certs look like your estimated gas bill
written certs have an air of thoughtfulness , care , and authenticity about them.

are in most cases generally illegible and look like a spider has crawled across the page

Having put so much care into the job why not finish it off with a printed cert that for me looks much more professional

its a bit of vague sweeping generalisation to infer all hand-written reports are poor based on the few you've seen...

Nothing vague about the truth and for your information I have seen more than a few hundred certs that are barely readable and the only thoughtfulness they show are the crossed out errors or tippexed corrections

I have to agree with biff here, handwritten every time for me. I believe they look more professional and genuine, and mine are always perfectly readable! Just my preference. Feel free to criticise all you want!

are in most cases generally illegible and look like a spider has crawled across the page

Having put so much care into the job why not finish it off with a printed cert that for me looks much more professional
i rough em on the job....
then when i gets home i make em out neat n tidy like...
and it works another way as well does this:
you can tell them you intend to offer them a neat, tidy cert without any grubby paw prints, dust n crap on it....all properly legible...
but of course they dont get it until cash changes hands....

How do you get on with the certificate numbers if you do them on the computer, always been intrested as my handwritings ****e and i make to many mistakes

I use Formfill on the iPad but I have only experience of Minor Works because I am not clever enough for other jobs. Its very easy though and they look ok.

Reply to Hand written certs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net