Discuss Best certification software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

oscar21

Esteemed
Reaction score
Its time I bit the bullet and got some proper certification software, I've used my own forms for ages now which I spend pre-filling everything in to use as a template and I could fill a domestic cert in in about 10 minutes. However all the forms have changed layout now and people are begining to ask for the new style ones, why they keep changing things beats me but it is what it is.

So what are people using, I tried the NAPIT on-line forms but they are a bit cumbersome, one thing I did notice was when you select the drop down menu for the pre-filled circuit names, "cooker, lights etc" they aren't in alphabetical order which is crazy because you have to search through loads of them. I tried the free trial of easy cert a few years ago which was ok but their website hasn't updated in years, they still use internet explorer in the instructions bit.

I want something cheap and easy to fill in, not too bothered what it looks like

I hardly do any such work, so went with this on-line service:
I found them responsive to issues (e.g. adding a small BS88 fuse that was not already present in their drop-down list) and as you pay per-form, works out good value for us. However, if using it a lot, or if you absolutely need to use it without internet connection, maybe others are a better choice.

I hardly do any such work, so went with this on-line service:
I found them responsive to issues (e.g. adding a small BS88 fuse that was not already present in their drop-down list) and as you pay per-form, works out good value for us. However, if using it a lot, or if you absolutely need to use it without internet connection, maybe others are a better choice.
I use this too, for larger jobs.
For smaller jobs I suffer the Napit online system.

I use EasyCert too, have done for the last 5 years, I find it easy to use and covers all I need. yes it has its issues but show me one that doesn't!
Interesting comments about NAPIT's online certs, they were trying to get me to sign up for it and sent a free trial. I have yet to try it out but by the sound of it I may be better sticking to EasyCert!

I use EasyCert too, have done for the last 5 years, I find it easy to use and covers all I need. yes it has its issues but show me one that doesn't!
Interesting comments about NAPIT's online certs, they were trying to get me to sign up for it and sent a free trial. I have yet to try it out but by the sound of it I may be better sticking to EasyCert!
If you are a registered napit member then you can use their forms as part of the package, I think it costs £1 per cert from the web credit you pay them. If you don't pay napit the extra for the EICR package then you cant use the online EICR form but they do sell a stand alone package for all forms including EICRs but they don't have their logo on them, not sure if non napit members can buy these forms.

But, the package costs about £120 a year or something, would it not be more cost effective to add the EICR route to the napit membership instead, not sure what the addition fees are, they keep them very close to their chest.

Reply to Best certification software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net