Discuss hardwiring cooker straight into 45 amp isolator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If by cooker you mean oven, check the rating and if pre-flexed that your breaker is suitable - It's usually the hob (if electric) that pulls the most so that might want looking at - ask the guys here. In answer to your question, there's nothing 'wrong' with doing it as said above, just make sure it's suitable for the environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with going straight from an Isolator to the cooker, however as said above if someone wants to disconnect it then they would need to whilst one side of the isolator was live or turn the mcb off. The benefit of the Cooker outlet plate is that someone can just switch off at the isolator and then disconnect.

If by cooker you mean oven, check the rating and if pre-flexed that your breaker is suitable - It's usually the hob (if electric) that pulls the most so that might want looking at - ask the guys here. In answer to your question, there's nothing 'wrong' with doing it as said above, just make sure it's suitable for the environment.
i dont know the rating but the induction hob at home is on a 50amp breaker.

there are plenty of 7kw induction hobs on the market (standard 4 spot hob)

i dont know the rating but the induction hob at home is on a 50amp breaker.

there are plenty of 7kw induction hobs on the market (standard 4 spot hob)

Cheers Shanky for giving an example of what I was getting at, being that the cooker (oven I think) if pre-flexed might not be suitable to hard wire to isolator depending on breaker

Cheers Shanky for giving an example of what I was getting at, being that the cooker (oven I think) if pre-flexed might not be suitable to hard wire to isolator depending on breaker

Why would being pre-flexed make it unsuitable for connection to an isolator?

Bearing in mind that the flex only needs to be sized according to the load on the end if it, not the full current rating of the OCPD.

Reply to hardwiring cooker straight into 45 amp isolator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net