Discuss Heating What ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been an electrician for 4 years working for someone, and all wiring i am more than comfortable with doing but i just cannot get my head around heating systems. I would not be able to wire the most simplest of systems. Any ideas on how i can learn and improve at all ? Any answers i appreciate guys.

I have been an electrician for 4 years working for someone, and all wiring i am more than comfortable with doing but i just cannot get my head around heating systems. I would not be able to wire the most simplest of systems. Any ideas on how i can learn and improve at all ? Any answers i appreciate guys.

If you have a I phone down load Honeywell control app

Honeywell have a good course to go on, cost about £80 I think.

Also they have a free app for iPad/iPhone. Failing that their website has a installers guide that will go through most domestic setups.

I actually run a one day and a two day course on heating system wiring. The one day goes through the basic S and Y plan systems, wiring, connections, system control etc and practical workshop time, and the two day adds on fault finding, and the other systems (C plan, W plan etc) and practicals etc. It is not so difficult once you get your head around it, it is in effect a series of switches, which eventually power up a boiler and pump. I notice you are in Brecon, Wales, and as I am in Berkshire its a long way to come!!!
Have a look at Honeywells web-site, lots of free wiring layouts there, and try to follow them through. If you are still not sure reply with your queries, good luck, you will get there!! Not sure on the forums policy about swapping email contacts etc so I will wait to see how you get on. Happy reading!!

You need to learn the wet side of the system to understand what the electrical components and controls are there for.

Yep beat me to it you need to learn the wet side I did HVAC and BMS systems and you need to understand how they work before you can control them

Reply to Heating What ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net