Discuss Help stuck in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Marcus28

Doing a simple light change upstairs and the light stayed on so went to change the wires and wen doing so the one of the lives touched the earth.. From then on no upstairs lights are working all plugs are working and there is no upstairs lighting fuses never came across this before please help

Call in an electrician mate! If any one gives you advice they would be a fool! Because with all due respect you were daft enough to. Work live! Sure someone on here is in your area!

Doing a simple light change upstairs and the light stayed on so went to change the wires and wen doing so the one of the lives touched the earth.. From then on no upstairs lights are working all plugs are working and there is no upstairs lighting fuses never came across this before please help

Not so simple afterall then. Call an electrician before you are hurt.

I actually got called to a lighting problem yesterday. The Gentleman had got a neutral connected incorrectly in his light fitting making some other lights on the same circuit glow dimly. He had the sense to call me out though before any harm was done fortunately.

I wasn't working live. I turned everything on to test and there must of been a brake in the live whice touched the earth. I was thinking there has now had a brake in the circuit which I was thinking bout chasing from the main rosé the so one only was stumped due to not having roses at every ceiling light

Got called to a job where at the lights the guy joined all the reds and blacks together then connected the light but could not understand why the MCB tripped everytime he switched the light on although he said the light was on even although the switch was off.

Answers on a postcard please

Reply to Help stuck in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net