Discuss High bay lighting in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Leesparkykent

Esteemed
Reaction score
I'm currently looking at a job atm which is big warehouse with a racking system and currently open 24hours a day. The owner wants to replace all the 400W high bays with something more efficient and in turn will end up paying for itself probably a few times over. I've been looking at some LED high bays with built in programmable daylight harvesting/ presence detector. http://www.fitzlight.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Fitz_DataSheet_PolarisLED.pdf just wondering if anyone else has done something similar and what products they used...what I've been looking at is each fitting will dim down depending on natural daylight coming in to the building but will maintain a constant lux level also having the presence detector so the lights down the isles/racking will only come on as the forklift enters.

Sounds quite a smart system and probably worth adding the sensors to the fittings if the cost of the sensors is quite low. If the forklift traffic is consistent though it may not be worth adding the motion sensors.

The only high bay LED system I have done was conventionally switched due to the warehouse being built with no skylights and the bays in more or less regular use throughout the day. I would definitely recommend the fittings we used though if you are interested.

I'm hoping to find out costs etc tomorrow. The bays are used frequently but not that frequently to not have a sensor I think. Going to ask these questions tomorrow about the frequency of switching shortening the life span etc.

I've done a small warehouse last year, it had 3 x 400w high bays per aisle, and had 8 aisles. (9.6kw total) I Changed them for 1 x 113w led high bay per aisle (0.904kw) which gave better light output than 3 x 400w fittings. I used GE fittings that my wholesaler recommended. I gave him my specs and he ordered the fittings to be made to my requirements, (height from floor, aisle size, beam angle etc.) The fittings cost me around ÂŁ400 + VAT for the 113w version but they had a 16 month payback term and a 5 year warranty so a no-brainer really. I would highly recommend these fittings and my customer was over the moon also. GE Albeo High Bay Lighting Fixtures | Commercial | GE Lighting North America

Reply to High bay lighting in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net