Discuss How much work is out there currently? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

John Matrix

Ok I would like to hear only from Sparks who sub to companies CIS or Sub to agencies. I’m talking just turn up and get your tools out kind of jobs. How much of this sort of thing is out there? Not hearing back from anyone. Not see anything advertised. Only work I can see Is social housing. Not my cup of tea. Be interesting to see what people’s thoughts are.

thanks

Industrial is quiet but there is work out there for people who want to chase it.
subbies are the first people to drop when work gets a bit quiet so you are likely to feel the pinch before others.

I have done social housing in the past, it can be rough depending on the house you are in.

however if I was short of work, and social housing was what was up for grabs, i would prefer to be working in it than applying to live in it.

Telecoms is busy and getting busier, a lot of suppliers are upgrading due to more people working from home and with Huawei kit being ripped out and replaced there'll be plenty of work for a few years yet.

I wired a site of new Council houses in my early twenties, back then they were all built to a strict spec with a Clerk of Works constantly watching everything, he'd even measure the centre of rooms and drop a plumb bob to make sure the lights were in the exact centre of each room.
But the miserable old sh1te couldn't find fault with my work. :)

I remember one flat was home to 3 alcoholics , who would be absolutely ----ed up by lunch time and stumble about while I was trying to rewire the flat.
i remember going in one day and one chap had taken a dump in his own wardrobe

them were the days

'New' council houses are a whole different ball game to occupied old ones, - See DustyDazzlers last post!
Yep I'm well aware of that, rewired quite a few in the past, many were pristine with lovely people in them but there were also plenty where you could smell the state of the place even before the front door was opened, dark brown net curtains and filthy windows give you a clue. you'd never accept a cuppa in those ones, not ever. :)

It seems some sectors are struggling but domestic work is booming right now in Bath, so much so im turning work away as I am booked up until early December with only a couple of slots before hand. Im working 6 days a week and some evenings to get jobs done. turnover is good, profit is good long may it continue

make hay while the sun shines :)

There is definitely money Still being spent in the upper end domestic market , i rang a mate today to discuss a few things and he is turning away work left right and centre and already has 2 blokes now subbing to him 5 days a week...

Reply to How much work is out there currently? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net