Discuss IEE Guidance Note 3 New Edition? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Piratepete

Hi Guys
Does anyone know when the IEE Inspection and Testing Guidance Note 3 (revised to BS7671:2008 Amd 1) is going to be published?
This has always been my bible!
What up-to-date guidance would you use instead for doing PIRs?
Pete :hair:

I think it was Markiesparkie who posted this up a couple of days/weeks/months ago.

On-Site Guide October 2011
Guidance Note 7 January 2012
Guidance Note 1 February 2012
Guidance Note 3 March 2012
Guidance Note 2 April 2012
Guidance Note 4 April 2012
Guidance Note 8 April 2012
Electrical Installation Design Guide:
Calculations for Electricians and Designers April 2012
Guidance Note 5 May 2012
Guidance Note 6 May 2012

As to how accurate, or if there are revised dates or not I cannot say, but I got the updated GN5 and GN7 the other day from the IET.

I think you can pre-order them direct from the IET, and they will issue them as they come out.

Last edited:
I was talking to someone last week who is (part) writing it, the full drafts are being distributed, once checked, and if ok, they'll be going to the printers at the end of March. If some howlers have crept in, then it will be longer while they are amended.Alan.

Reply to IEE Guidance Note 3 New Edition? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

M
Hi Guys I purchased some of the above online around 3 weeks ago, They are a fairly new product, very usefull as you can change both colour from...
Replies
Views
I've started to move over to AMD 2 forms for my CU installs, if only because the schedule is so much easier to tick and I can stop sticking labels...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently working towards getting qualified as an electrician and am hoping to get my foot in the door with an apprenticeship or...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have 5 books for sale... BS7671 18th Edition BS7671 On Site Guide Guidance Note 3 Inspection & Testing Part P Building Regs EV...
Replies
Views
Hi , I buy online some PDF , but is different pack , including all Level 3 theories. If any one got PDF 18th edition, IET Guidance Note 3 , I’m...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock