Search the forum,

Discuss Iet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

My Dad is a member although he's retired now, he keeps telling me to join, I just don't need to so won't bother TBH, I haven't heard anything negative about it except the ****s in suits writing the regs of course :earmuffs:

Being a member of a Chartered Institution is an absolute must for anyone that wants to get on in the profession. Though these day's, given the choice of professional institution, i'd be going with CIBSE!! lol!! A far more professional organisation all round...

My Dad is a member although he's retired now, he keeps telling me to join, I just don't need to so won't bother TBH, I haven't heard anything negative about it except the ****s in suits writing the regs of course :earmuffs:

Oops! That's probably offended a few forum members, who are or have been members of JPEL/64 the joint BSI/IET technical committee responsible for the content of BS7671, or the previous IEE Wiring Regulations committee.

Yep, IET member here. If you need to demonstrate that you are keeping yourself informed and up to date, being a member ticks the box. They often have live webcasts when something interesting is being announced/discussed and the magazine makes for a good read too.

If you open the first page you will see all the scams are involved with so called offering guidance

They need to rewrite the bathroom regs IMO for starters, we have to have 12 volt lights in shower cubicles and 12 volt fans but a 40 amp 230 volt shower is fine lol, a debate by itself, tin hat on here hehe

They need to rewrite the bathroom regs IMO for starters, we have to have 12 volt lights in shower cubicles and 12 volt fans but a 40 amp 230 volt shower is fine lol, a debate by itself, tin hat on here hehe

You'll get no flack from me on the use of those ridiculously rated showers!! lol!!

Reply to Iet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net