Discuss If one of the following smart TRVs will be launched, which one would you want? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Which one do you like?

• I like design A

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I like design B

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I like design C

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I like design D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
To be honest, we are a new smart thermostat and TRV manufacturer and are working hard to create our first thermostat, we want to make a product that users are loving and that is really useful to users, can you help give your feedback on these designs suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• TRV designs.png
    385.3 KB · Views: 16
Much of a muchness. They all look OK to me. I can't remember the last time I particularly looked at my radiator valves.

Different valves for different designs of radiator.
All are better looking than ones on the market already.

Functionality over looks in a lot of cases. Do they work direct via Alexa or whatever, or do you need a central hub for internet access?

Different valves for different designs of radiator.
All are better looking than ones on the market already.

Functionality over looks in a lot of cases. Do they work direct via Alexa or whatever, or do you need a central hub for internet access?
Thank you, this one will be a WiFi TRV(no hub required), you can control it directly with an App, and of course, Alexa or Google Assistant is also workable.

I have a 'smart' heating system (Evohome) I don't look at the valves at all as everything is done from the main wall mounted control panel.

I would choose the one which is the most reliable and results in the minimum number of warranty claims.

I would choose the one which has been engineered to actually work and last for 20 years without failure.

I would choose the one which has been manufactured by a company which have proved themselves to be reliable, I would not choose some new startup company with no provenance.

Reply to If one of the following smart TRVs will be launched, which one would you want? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net