Discuss I'm thinking of suing can he go bankrupt? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

On a recent job to fit a TP meter, i went to the local site isolator, turned it off and walked back to the site and low and beyond the power was still on...... opened the isolator cover to find exactly what the OP had.
I , a bit like the OP, not easily disturbed but i was so surprised to find ANYONE would actually wire an isolator that way that i could not rest until i had formally informed the duty holder, got him to confirm all site electricians were aware of it and begged for it to be sorted, unfortunately the whole extended site needed to be turned off as the incoming tails were feed from main busbar. Anyway all sorted and i managed to fit the meter, .........
Amazes me how they get away with it, call themselves SPARKS....hmmmm....I wouldn't be able to hold my head up high if I knew I couldn't do a job properly, why do they take on a job if they know they can't handle it? Either damn stupid or so full of their self esteem. Pride comes before a fall eh...or maybe a dead person!!!!

Amazes me how they get away with it, call themselves SPARKS....hmmmm....I wouldn't be able to hold my head up high if I knew I couldn't do a job properly, why do they take on a job if they know they can't handle it? Either damn stupid or so full of their self esteem. Pride comes before a fall eh...or maybe a dead person!!!!
Sadly, the tip of the iceberg. Don't get us started on how it's actually possible to spend as little as a week in a classroom, take a 40 question multiple choice/guess online quiz that my dog could pass (I'm not going to call it an exam!) - with ZERO prior experience - and then tout yourself as an 'electrician'......... A subject so divisive we've a gentlemans/moderators agreement to stop discussing them on here!!

Sadly, the tip of the iceberg. Don't get us started on how it's actually possible to spend as little as a week in a classroom, take a 40 question multiple choice/guess online quiz that my dog could pass (I'm not going to call it an exam!) - with ZERO prior experience - and then tout yourself as an 'electrician'......... A subject so divisive we've a gentlemans/moderators agreement to stop discussing them on here!!
REALLY.....I might apply then!!! hahaha.

Couple of pics for a spot the difference between op and this one...You never see one and then two come along in a year... lol. I took a pic of the lugs behind the barrier to show where they should be connected. BTW, this was done live with my phone cam eeekkk

Attachments

• Shocker 1 (2).jpg
    207 KB · Views: 28
  • Shocker 2 (2).jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Maybe the cat wasn’t the best analogy.

To discuss something to say we shouldn’t discuss that something?????

Oh yeah. The first rule of Fight Club

Couple of pics for a spot the difference between op and this one...You never see one and then two come along in a year... lol. I took a pic of the lugs behind the barrier to show where they should be connected. BTW, this was done live with my phone cam eeekkk
You should have taken that cover shield off so people could have a good look, then. 😄 It makes the DANGER sign look a bit idiotic, eh?
Or do you mean you connected it up live?😉 It wouldn't surprise me if some interpreted it that way.

I was there to fit a meter some 250M away, this isolator was in the Sub, directly connected to the main site busbars, for info, the upsteam protection was 1000A MCCB. I wanted to know why when i switched the isolator off, there was still power to the part of the site i needed to fit the meter. The whole site had to be shut down to rectify. I only had permission to shut down the part i was working on. The photos were taken because i suspected no one would believe me... :)

It's likely the electrician in question didn't know they couldn't do the job properly and ploughed on in blissful ignorance.

Reply to I'm thinking of suing can he go bankrupt? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net