Discuss I'm thinking of suing can he go bankrupt? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It is certainly a good distance away from what i would consider a professional job.

however from what you have shown so far, it is possibly not a big job to put right.
glanding off armoured cables is probabley required but might not be, if the armour is earthed at the other end (i doubt it but it might be)

taped connector blocks just shout "WRONG" at me, BUT it may just be an unused cable being stowed away for later use?
the 3rd photo with the fused isolator, not sure what is wrong with it, maybe i am missing something?

It is certainly a good distance away from what i would consider a professional job.
however from what you have shown so far, it is possibly not a big job to put right.
glanding off armoured cables is probabley required but might not be, if the armour is earthed at the other end (i doubt it but it might be)
taped connector blocks just shout "WRONG" at me, BUT it may just be an unused cable being stowed away for later use?
the 3rd photo with the fused isolator, not sure what is wrong with it, maybe i am missing something?
It's back to front....he's wired it in around the wrong way. When the handle is used and the door opened it doesn't cut the current!
He got another fella to sign it off....he's been back and took the board to bits and put it all back again....HAD to didn't he!

I hope that the new guy you have employed is a registered electrician and will be able to submit your part P documents to building control?

It's back to front....he's wired it in around the wrong way. When the handle is used and the door opened it doesn't cut the current!
He got another fella to sign it off....he's been back and took the board to bits and put it all back again....HAD to didn't he!
Thank you, he's OK, good bloke. THANK GOODNESS! If ONLY he'd been available a year ago!!
so you have details of what body he is registered with and his registration number?
i presume that once bitten, twice shy is applicable and you have checked his registration details?

p.s. I still can't see what is wrong with the picture of the isolator unless it is not a fused isolator and the fused have been added to bridge the isolator.

The neutral conductors are connected across the wrong bolts for starters they have connected across the removable link bolts.
Agreed, however can you see why it is not isolating?
I am presuming that it is a fused isolator and, F me just realised!
it is either not a fused isolator or the feed in cables are in the wrong place.
dumb moment on my part!!!

That switch fuse is disastrous, imagine a fault blowing 1 or more fuses and the user attempting to replace the fuses. Hardly a simple mistake, gross negligence and massive incompetence. Receiving a shock from 2 phases often causes deep and horrific burns.

We have seen that fuse box incorrectly wired before in another post, as it should be wired behind the bus bar covers.

I’m sure I’ve seen it doing the rounds across other social media platforms on various pages too, over the last couple of weeks.

That switch fuse is disastrous, imagine a fault blowing 1 or more fuses and the user attempting to replace the fuses. Hardly a simple mistake, gross negligence and massive incompetence. Receiving a shock from 2 phases often causes deep and horrific burns.
Freddo...I LOVE YOU A LOT!!!! Thank you for confirming what my new electrician said when he saw it.....shocked to the core...or I would have been if I had touched it.
PS...I'm a girly by the way...don't panic!!! hahaha

Freddo...I LOVE YOU A LOT!!!! Thank you for confirming what my new electrician said when he saw it.....shocked to the core...or I would have been if I had touched it.
PS...I'm a girly by the way...don't panic!!! hahaha
Seems to me commissioning an independent EICR might have been to be a good place to start before you began any remedial work. Memorialize it in an official document. It may still be useful.

Hasn't he just wired the incoming and outgoing cables straight across the fuses rather than through the isolator?

Not sure, but there are SO many things that have had to be re-wrired. There are cables stuffed through sharp edges and so the copper wire has been exposed. We are still working through everything, Two many light switches in one place and so I've had to fill in the space left. I had already decorated the hallway! Light switches too close together and so the top plates don't fit. The list goes on, it's almost funny hearing the electrician fixing his mistakes as I can hear him swearing and calling him names....

On a recent job to fit a TP meter, i went to the local site isolator, turned it off and walked back to the site and low and beyond the power was still on...... opened the isolator cover to find exactly what the OP had.
I , a bit like the OP, not easily disturbed but i was so surprised to find ANYONE would actually wire an isolator that way that i could not rest until i had formally informed the duty holder, got him to confirm all site electricians were aware of it and begged for it to be sorted, unfortunately the whole extended site needed to be turned off as the incoming tails were feed from main busbar. Anyway all sorted and i managed to fit the meter, .........

Hasn't he just wired the incoming and outgoing cables straight across the fuses rather than through the isolator?
That had been noted a month ago.

First time I've seen this thread....what a disgrace some so-called electricians are!

But......with any job, things need doing properly from the start.
With one like this, I'd be looking at a specification and quotes.

Reply to I'm thinking of suing can he go bankrupt? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net