Discuss Interview Advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

ive got an interview later today for an apprentice/improver position. Its with a small family owned company that mainly do domestics and abit of commercial..I'm currently working as a mate on a large commercial project.

Anyone got any advice?

Should i be going dressed smart or casual? i think a shirt and tie might be abit ott.

Cheers
Mark

or " you know" bloody hate that expression. celebs seem to use it at the end of every sentence.

If they say at the end of the interview "do you want to ask any questions" think of something, like how ling have they been trading that sort of thing, look interested, don't keep looking at your watch AND SWITCH YER BLUUDY PHONE OFF

Do:
As Tel says, smart casual. Definatly no trainers. Be polite and write a few questions down you want to ask them.

Dont:
Walk into the place with your pants round your arse, give the person a fist bump and say "spec..."

In addition to above:

Prepare to talk in reasonable detail about the kind of work you've been doing (you will get asked).
Try to come across keen and enthusiastic.

Good Luck

Reply to Interview Advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good evening. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post so please advise if there is a more appropriate board! I have recently applied...
Replies
Views
Hi wondering if you could help with some advice Been running an Essex/suffolk based electrical firm for last 20 years, mainly light commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently working towards getting qualified as an electrician and am hoping to get my foot in the door with an apprenticeship or...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, Current situation is - Adult learner (I'm 38 in a few weeks) I have my Level 2&3 (obtained last September) started learning at...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I searched for other threads of this but the threads seem to be a few years old. I'm a 36 year old Electrician from WA with 18 years...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock