Discuss Isolation and switching in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

chris day

London Sparks
I have a question regarding isolation and switching arrangements.

I want to work out what would work best within the regulations regarding splitting a new 200a TPN PME supply to serve flats above and a shop below.

my initial thinking new 200a PME supply - Trunking above feeding a new ryefield giving me x2 100a 3 phase supplies. (2x100a 3 phase supplies)
I would then have a x2 100a un- fused isolators for the shop and flats

*will i need an isolator between the Ryefield and the service head
*does the above sound feasible?

OP
C

chris day

London Sparks
there is already a Ryefield up stream with x4 45a S-Phase supplies for each flat respectively

buzzlightyear

please let me back in to the prison cell.
Electrician's Arms
there is already a Ryefield up stream with x4 45a S-Phase supplies for each flat respectively
not three phase then ,you need to up grade the s/phase to 3phase cause of loading ,speak to you client and let them speak to the DNO .

Nebu1a

Regular EF Member
Sounds like you are being the BNO. UK power networks have a good guide on this as I have been in a similar situation. Make sure you are in contact with the DNO and what their requirements are. Some DNOs may ask for a 3 phase isolator before the ryefield. If its a small install you may get away without one. I fitted switch fuses to my risers.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 60 66.7%
  • Black

Votes: 30 33.3%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.