Discuss Just found this thread from a few years back! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ignore that question. I’ve just read another thread and got the answer. Anyways, who hasn’t dressed like this to take the dog out for a walk?:D
Kamikaze.jpg

I think I too would be in shock if ever a sight such as that were to suddenly appear in front of me. :eek:
You want to go to the London Pride, all in good jest and tell you what you see things you thought you would never see. I saw a man in a dog collar and rainbow hotpants twerking in front of a police officer who was holding the dog collar! Another one was a morbidly obese woman in a skin tight red pvc body suit (think britney spears type of suit) dancing on a bench rather suggestively.
It was an eye opener for sure.

You want to go to the London Pride, all in good jest and tell you what you see things you thought you would never see. I saw a man in a dog collar and rainbow hotpants twerking in front of a police officer who was holding the dog collar! Another one was a morbidly obese woman in a skin tight red pvc body suit (think britney spears type of suit) dancing on a bench rather suggestively.
It was an eye opener for sure.

As a red-blooded, heterosexual man, I have absolutely zero interest whatsoever in watching homosexuals publicly parade themselves in bizarre attire nor do I have the slightest interest in their "pride" movement, or in the associated sexual/gender politics. So I guess I'll pass on your suggestion that I attend "London Pride". :D

Quite why anyone should be proud of their sexuality perplexes me. You are what you are and that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned. I'm neither proud or ashamed of being heterosexual, I just accept that I am what I am and quietly live my life accordingly, seeking approval or validation from no one.

I feel no need or desire to "celebrate" my heterosexuality. Indeed given the obvious absence of 'Straight Pride' gatherings, it would appear that almost every other heterosexual feels the same.;)

As a red-blooded, heterosexual man, I have absolutely zero interest whatsoever in watching homosexuals publicly parade themselves in bizarre attire nor do I have the slightest interest in their "pride" movement, or in the associated sexual/gender politics. So I guess I'll pass on your suggestion that I attend "London Pride". :D

Quite why anyone should be proud of their sexuality perplexes me. You are what you are and that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned. I'm neither proud or ashamed of being heterosexual, I just accept that I am what I am and quietly live my life accordingly, seeking approval or validation from no one.

I feel no need or desire to "celebrate" my heterosexuality. Indeed given the obvious absence of 'Straight Pride' gatherings, it would appear that almost every other heterosexual feels the same.;)

I don't think pride is a celebration of sexuality for the sake of it. I think it's more to do with ability and freedom to express their sexuality rather than it being illegal, socially unacceptable, worthy of getting assaulted for, etc.
Those times are not too long ago at all, and the ability to do so due to the ending of those times is well worthy of celebration I reckon.

There are plenty that personally parade and celebrate their sexuality, whatever their orientation.
I personally don't really get on with people that let their sexuality define their personality, or their affected personality. But like the Italians say, to go crazy once a year is good for the soul.

I think there was a time for pride , but if I was gay (????) The cartoon character version of being gay would get on my nerves . It also oiss me off that companies that would not have had the bottle to stand up for gay rights when it matters will stick a pride flag over anything to show how supportive they are now

That picture was taken before we went on a stag do in Chester. All the lads had to dress up. I swear that was one of the best nights ever! It was proper mental! Sadly the cat is no longer with us. He was hiding behind one of the wheels of the car and I accidentally reversed over him because I didn’t know he was there. Unfortunately the vets couldn’t save him.:(

Reply to Just found this thread from a few years back! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net