Discuss L and N posts on 110v LED panel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a 20w 110v LED.

when i connect leads to the L and N posts the light works!

when I turn it off, there is still a very faint energizing of the LED.

the power plug has only two prongs and no ground.

Does the FAT prong correspond to the L or the N?

Attachments

• E4F89D74-995E-4925-9422-3CDEB9DFC0A7.jpeg
    402.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 78083E73-C8BC-4146-8004-83502C52EC8F.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 6
I have a 20w 110v LED.

when i connect leads to the L and N posts the light works!

when I turn it off, there is still a very faint energizing of the LED.

the power plug has only two prongs and no ground.

Does the FAT prong correspond to the L or the N?
Fat blade hould be the neutral or white.

this is most aggravating. You see the l and the n posts. I add flux to these, i tried to tin these. I tinned the wires i want to solder and NOTHING I do will make anything stick to these GD posts. I tried lead solder, braided it off and tried lead free solder….nothing…

Any ideas?

If you needed to use braid to remove the solder, clearly it was attached in some way. What happens... the solder crystallises? It peels off? The solder takes but the wire doesn't?

If the LED continues to glow when switched off (and not just the residual glow of the phosphor that lasts a few seconds) then the switch may be in the neutral and the LED is remaining live when switched off. Capacitive leakage to ground from the metal parts can pass enough current to cause a faint glow. Make sure the switch is in the hot to avoid electric shocks when something that appears dead is actually live.

Reply to L and N posts on 110v LED panel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I made a DIY light fixture by putting some cut-to-size LED strips in an aluminum housing connecting them to a Mean Well DC power supply with a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We have a limited in house PAT testing requirement and were advised that the TIS700 fitted our needs. The unit works fine for 110V and...
Replies
Views
Legends, need some advice. I am a 12v automotive electrician, but have had a side project building a concession trailer for my dad. We have an...
Replies
Views
Ok, i am new in this forum I am looking for some enlightenment. Today I got a call from my boss, which is now in Venezuela and he is connecting a...
Replies
Views
Im trying to make a Star Wars Prop for a course project where the dealine is comming up very fast in days and I need to do the report so really...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock