Discuss LED Strip lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ClaireO

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, I bought my daughter some LED strip lights that she wanted to go around her bed. The bloody cat has bitten them which I’ve taken a photo of. Just wondered if anyone can tell me if I can replace that cable part or repair in some way. It’s where my little finger is. I’ve put pic of the ones we bought too...
thanks Claire

Attachments

• 7778886B-F6FA-452F-9140-8592CE89AC05.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 6C335DCD-C34B-4321-BC7E-D83FCD2F8996.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 33
It IS probably repairable by someone with good soldering skills and a lot of patience - but just sadly not cost effective to do so. That said, you could potentially salvage the tape from the first cut point.

These tapes usually have cutting points every few inches, and if so, you could cut at the next cutting point from the damaged end, and reattach the cable. BUT likely you'd need to solder the connections with a fine point soldering iron, then heat shrink over the junction. These tapes are so cheap nowadays likely not worth the bother.

Edit: Rockingit just beat me to it!

connectto 240V outlet. let cat have another go. no more cat, end of problem. ????

Reply to LED Strip lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have three Aurora Fluorescent linkable (linked) under cabinet 'strip' lights (c.21cm each) under the kitchen cabinets and over the sink area...
Replies
Views
I am currently looking to add 12v led cob strip lights to my mother's kitchen but confused what I need. There are currently mains wires under the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I would like to use LED chips for DIY projects, to power them I would start from 12V drivers for LED strips. For some chips it is...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm not sure if I'm over thinking this, but I can't seem to find the answer to what I believe should be a simple question. I picked up...
Replies
Views
Hi, Bought a MainsSwitch device to run the RF pairing link to switch some low voltage LED strip lighting under my Breakfast bar. No direct switch...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock