Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Level 3 Project - Advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

RDB85

-
Trainee
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

So I’ve completed my Level 3 302 exam and got a Distinction. I’m just starting my project now. It’s a Pool, Hotel Rooms and Dining Room/Kitchen.

Seem okay so far. Any advice from people that have done it?

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

RDB85

-
Trainee
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What is it? Do you have to design it or something? I don't think I did any of that
Yes its a design, Q1 is to do with the installation of a Vehicle Charging Point in the Home. The other questions are the design of a Hotel.

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed
Yes its a design, Q1 is to do with the installation of a Vehicle Charging Point in the Home. The other questions are the design of a Hotel.
Interesting, there is an apprentice in my work has just finished as far as I'm aware, I'll ask tomorrow and see if he has any advice.

Zdb

-
My advice would be, if you're designing three phase circuits using SWA then use a 5-core SWA.

It's easier to calculate, you will have better (lower) values and because it's just a project... you dont have to pay any extra for it!

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
Design it as if you’re installing it. Keep it as simple as possible, diversity is king, no expense spared, use technology such as smart switching, swap incandescent lighting etc for LED to save the planet and reduce demand, this list is endless.

RDB85

-
Trainee
Thanks for the advice. I’m just working on Q1. Which is circuit diagram, three phase supply system and earring arrangements from substation to transformer to charging unit. It should show the total earth fault loop for the charging unit.

Diagram needs to indicate connection points for each item of equipment.

So I am thinking 3 phase with an MCB or CCU, then goes into the EVC Unit. The EVC unit will have its earth TT system. Which I think is in the 18th Edition.

I’m going to draw it out on scrap paper. Any other suggestions?

I have done that question and and how I'v done it is I have draw it on Paint and what they want is to draw the path for the earth fault impedance. Incoming supply to the MCB is 3 phase but supply to the EVC is 230V.

RDB85

-
Trainee
I have done that question and and how I'v done it is I have draw it on Paint and what they want is to draw the path for the earth fault impedance. Incoming supply to the MCB is 3 phase but supply to the EVC is 230V.
That’s great. Thanks for the advice, I had a go, and passed it to the tutor for advice.

Reply to Level 3 Project - Advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom