Discuss Lifting glued T&G chipboard in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

@UNG I’m interested in the routabaout system. I’ve been trying to find out whether any router can be used or only their own?
Any router that can take a 30mm guide bush will do, I use a Makita ½in router so I can use the ½in shank cutter as the the ¼in cutter shank is a bit weak and can easily shear if you push it too hard as I found out also the ½in routers are generally a bit more powerful, although I have used ¼in and 5/16in routers with the Routabout. The ¼in router works hard and even taking your time it is tool abuse territory and with alot of use would probably burn out, the 5/16in router is better but still has the limitation of the ¼in shank cutter IMO the ½in router just feels more positive

Was never a problem with herringbone strutting, the advent of solid noggins has made the job more difficult for anyone who needs access, but easier for the chippy, unless you need access at right angles to the joists.

Was never a problem with herringbone strutting, the advent of solid noggins has made the job more difficult for anyone who needs access, but easier for the chippy, unless you need access at right angles to the joists.
Solid noggins have been the electricians nightmare , I love working in old houses with the cross noggins where you can simply rod from one side of the room to the other...
Solid noggins are a pain in the arse

Solid noggins have been the electricians nightmare , I love working in old houses with the cross noggins where you can simply rod from one side of the room to the other...
Wolf Easi joist. A must for an intelligent house. Ive used nearly 3Km of Cat 6 in the house Im building. Nightmare with standard joists.

If the chippy just used a bit of imagination and drilled a couple of large access holes in each solid brace it would make life easier if the electrician/plumber knew they where there, but again a bit more work for the chippy, so will not happen.

Conversely if the electrician/plumber drilled them during fist fix, but then they would not have anything to moan about.

Reply to Lifting glued T&G chipboard in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net