Discuss MBPC to steel columns in warehouse area in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Steel columns for building into concrete… no inter- connection of Beams … Wooden beams used for interlinked supports … would MBPC be required to each column…

Interesting situation, as each of those columns in to a concrete base would defiantly count as an extraneous conductive part. My view is though ought to be bonded as I guess they are all within some sort of distance that contact with the installation's CPC system is possible.

They would not all need to go back to the MET but probably you could zig-zag some bonding from MET to one column and then across wood beam tops or similar to link them all up in some pattern with (hopefully) sane length of bond wire.

Is it TN-C-S ?
And is it needing more than 10mm bond?

Interesting situation, as each of those columns in to a concrete base would defiantly count as an extraneous conductive part. My view is though ought to be bonded as I guess they are all within some sort of distance that contact with the installation's CPC system is possible.

They would not all need to go back to the MET but probably you could zig-zag some bonding from MET to one column and then across wood beam tops or similar to link them all up in some pattern with (hopefully) sane length of bond wire.

Is it TN-C-S ?
And is it needing more than 10mm bond?
Yea …. It’s an existing building dating back some years … never got a mention before..came up on EICR… linking these columns approx 300m 10mm Earth cabling… quite a job… will test to see if they are extraneous

You might also want to check if they are linked by steel/rebar foundation works (i.e. resistance column-column below 0.1 ohm or so) in which case bonding one (or two, depending on how many are electrically linked in groups) would do.

Reply to MBPC to steel columns in warehouse area in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net