Discuss Megger 1730 error message FU5 or FUS (Not sure if it is a 5 or an ) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Brendan976

Hi

I have just been testing a freezer compressor as its tripping the RCD. The Megger was working fine but now shows FU5 or FUS and wont give a reading on the ohms scale. Anyone had this before? its still under warranty so I am reluctant to start takeing it apart other than checking the fuses inside the battery compartment ( they have checked out fine). This was a dead test the and the capacitor was discharged so I cant see what would have blown the fuse. and more to the point where is this fuse located? I know that I can ring megger in the morning but its my freezer and the contents are rapidly thawing.

Regards

Ben

There are three fuses in the battery compartement, two that are being used by the tester and a spare, they all test fine. I am guessing that deep inside the tester there must be some fuses but I am not sure if it voids the warranty if I disassemble it( I assume it will)

Ben

Hi

Just got my Megger 1730 back from Megger, it appears that it had a faulty PCB which they have fixed free of charge under warranty. They have also calibrated it so thats another year of calibration sorted.

Ben

Reply to Megger 1730 error message FU5 or FUS (Not sure if it is a 5 or an ) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net