Discuss Minor Works Cert in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

btk

Hi, can someone tell me what qualifications you need to be able to produce a minor works certificate? I am an electrician with 5 years experiance, am able to test but am not NIC or Part P registered will this matter, as i know it is easy to get hold of these cert pads..
Thanks

You only need to be part P if the job is notifiable and you do not want to involve LABC. Any minor works can be done on generic certs which you can get from the IEE website.

Chris

Hi Chris, Thanks for the reply, so that means i am able to issue a Minor Works Certificate on works i am undertaking (specifically, an extension to an existing circuit) ?

Thats correct you are adding to an existing circuit if you were installing a completely new circuit then that would be a different matter, so carry on.

Chris

Reply to Minor Works Cert in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening all, I just wanted to see if electrical improvers/adult trainees with appropriate levels of experience and who hold testing...
Replies
Views
Required asap for price work. No of Workers: 2 Location: Brighton & Hove Description of Work: Installation of 230v operated, radio linked smoke...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would like to do some minor domestic electrical work while I am completing my NVQ level 2 in electrical installations. I have the 18th...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm currently training thru a company called tradestech, not very impressed so far, I was told that within 6 months I'd be able to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock