Discuss More EICR. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cagedanimal2010

evening all,

Doing an EICR on a small place, TT, only problem i'v found so far, is the stake has been cemented over(garden has been all done), Ze is 122.07 Ohms. agree reading is fine however cannot verify final connection.Could this be classified as c1? what code would you guys give it, i would like to "push for" the replace rod and pull in new earth.

Many thanks!!!
Danny

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not about us, its your opinion that you have to justify.
You do have a reading that could do with improving, if you pull on the cable any where is it taught or loose?

C3.

But make it clear that you can not inspect it and that it should be accessible.

im asking for opinions that is all. not loose anywhere.
dont want to seem ott, however it is the main earth.

I would code as C3 as there is no chance of danger of the earth becoming loose! However there is also no chance of ensuring it is currently secure or appropriately labelled, so it would require further investigation.
Recommendation that the earth rod connection be accessible for maintenance.

'If any observation in the report has been given a Code C1 or Code C2 classification............, or if any observations require further investigation to determine whether danger or potential danger exists, the overall assessment of the condition of the installation must be reported to be‘unsatisfactory’. '

(extract from ESC best practice guide 4-2011 as at 10/01/12)

As this extract states, any further investigation reported should class the installation as unsatisfactory.

Use your own judgement as to what danger is, or could be present and code accordingly.

Reply to More EICR. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net