Discuss More Questions on Form Filling in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

noidea

Morning all

I have some questions about form filling.
I'm sorry if my questions are stupid, but I'm starting to think that these forms are written to deliberatly confuse people.
I am reffering to the 17th edition BS7671 forms. That might sound obvious but I understand that NIC and others have their own forms?
1st questions is for the Schedule of Inspections.
If you went to a job to do a simple job such as add a spur to a ring main in a hallway, when it came to filling out the Schedule of inspections form do you only tick the answers that are relevant to the work that you have done? What I'm trying to get at is if you noticed that there was telephone cables in the same trunking as the ring main cables you were working on, or that the bonding was not present or insufficient, what do you do on the form? I understand you cannot put an 'X' in the box unless it is an inspection. Do you just put 'n/a'?

2nd question is about the Electrical Installation Certificate.
In the section marked 'Main Switch or Circuit Breaker'.
(I guess this is talking about the switch on the CSU and not the main suppliers fuse?)
What is the difference in the
'Current Rating.............A' and the 'Fuse Rating or Setting.............A'
Also in the section titled 'Supply Protective Device Characteristics', this is asking about the suppliers fuse, right? If it is, how do you know what type it is. I would assume it would be written on the fuse casing, but on the one in my home it just has the amps and voltage, no type number?

1 - Band 1 cable( ELV), if installed with band 2 cables (MAINS) has to be insulated for the highest voltage present. SOLUTION - SEPERATE CABLES

2 - Is the main switch on the consumer unit. Current rating normally 100a. Fuse setting again normally 100a.

3 - Supply characteristics . 80A 57 x 22mm Type IIa BS 1361 100A 57 x 30mm Type IIb BS 1361

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all

I have some questions about form filling.
I'm sorry if my questions are stupid, but I'm starting to think that these forms are written to deliberatly confuse people.
I am reffering to the 17th edition BS7671 forms. That might sound obvious but I understand that NIC and others have their own forms?
1st questions is for the Schedule of Inspections.
If you went to a job to do a simple job such as add a spur to a ring main in a hallway, when it came to filling out the Schedule of inspections form do you only tick the answers that are relevant to the work that you have done? What I'm trying to get at is if you noticed that there was telephone cables in the same trunking as the ring main cables you were working on, or that the bonding was not present or insufficient, what do you do on the form? I understand you cannot put an 'X' in the box unless it is an inspection. Do you just put 'n/a'?

2nd question is about the Electrical Installation Certificate.
In the section marked 'Main Switch or Circuit Breaker'.
(I guess this is talking about the switch on the CSU and not the main suppliers fuse?)
What is the difference in the
'Current Rating.............A' and the 'Fuse Rating or Setting.............A'
Also in the section titled 'Supply Protective Device Characteristics', this is asking about the suppliers fuse, right? If it is, how do you know what type it is. I would assume it would be written on the fuse casing, but on the one in my home it just has the amps and voltage, no type number?

1) If i was just doing a spur i wouldn't fill in the schedule of inspections - i would just complete a minor works certificate (page 335 of BS7671) in Part 2 section 3 you would mention any inadequacies.

Reply to More Questions on Form Filling in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net