Discuss Multifunction Tester in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I need to replace my current Megger MFT1553 tester was thinking of Megger 1700 series or Fluke 1654 anybody recommend don’t mind Fluke or Megger.

Many Thanks

John

There are a good few threads on megger & fluke on the forums.

One in particular by test meter our forum sponsor which contains a comparison chart.

Personally, I'm a fluke man.:rockon2:

Have Metrel 3101 and Meg 1730, never use the Meg as prefer others! Each have their good and bad points but it is a matter of choice! Bit like side cutters, I love NWS others despise them! One man's Fluke is another man's Megger so to speak!!!

Apprentice drop from a tower have it in for repair they just don't look after things . Little ****
well, when you get it back, all repaired and good as new. test the 1000V IR range on said apprentice. bet he won't drop it again.

My apprentice would be expected to fall from the tower gracefully (so as not to alarm general public) whilst cradling my MFT to prevent damage or shock... or he could expect a shock when I give the bill, as he would be paying for any damage.:biggrin5:

if this apprentice was using the damn thing rite...it wouldn`t have dropped as he would have had the neckstrap.......around his neck......

Apprentice drop from a tower have it in for repair they just don't look after things . Little ****
Give him a slap for not catching it on his way past!!!

Last edited:
Got the tester back repaired £185.00 plus calibration certificate, the apprentice’s mother appeared at the door with the money and said sorry for her boy. She thought I was going to sack him feel like an old git going to pub haha.

He can’t do enough know we freight did him good cocky wee soso

Reply to Multifunction Tester in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock