Discuss my van is dead in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
my 56 plate connect with 58k on it (company van) went in with a splutter and lack of power it was an injector about £400 quid to sort , then i got a call to say there was no compression on cylinder 2 and it needs a new engine!!

ford dont rebuild engines anymore it woul seem est for works £4000.00:(

hire van for me for the time being

There's plenty of places all over the country do reconditioned engines for all sorts of vehicles. I'd have thought you'd get it all sorted for under 2 grand. Even less if you just go for secondhand.

Trouble is the main dealer can only quote for a new engine.

I've rebuilt and tuned many engines over the years. No reason why a recon unit shouldn't last as long as a new one (like anything mechanical though, it needs looking after!!).

Last edited by a moderator:
There's plenty of places all over the country do reconditioned engines for all sorts of vehicles. I'd have thought you'd get it all sorted for under 2 grand. Even less if you just go for secondhand.

Trouble is the main dealer can only quote for a new engine.

I've rebuilt and tuned many engines over the years. No reason why a recon unit shouldn't last as long as a new one (like anything mechanical though, it needs looking after!!).

i doubt the firm will go 2nd hand its not the way they work.

second hand engines
FORD TRANSIT CONNECT TDDI ENGINE 59K 02-08 NOT TDCI | eBay UK

FORD TRANSIT CONNECT 1.8 TDDI ENGINE - 2001+ | eBay UK

looks like £500-£600 plus a garage to fit .......

How if i may ask can they not rebuild the block with a new cylinder liner , piston , rings , is it a main dealer or a garage that you use a lot ??

Jamie

this one is like mine the 2 others are the old style

FORD TRANSIT CONNECT 2002- 1.8 TDCI ENGINE 90PS FITTED | eBay UK

Reply to my van is dead in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net