Discuss Need help replacing light bulb over shower in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Linz2449

DIY
Reaction score
Hi. I have an inverted spotlight above my shower and the light bulb has gone so need to replace the LED spotlight but I don’t know how to get into the fitting to replace the bulb. Unfortunately I don’t have the make and model as it was installed as part of a bathroom refit. Have tried turning the central unit hoping it would drop out and also tried unscrewing the whole unit but neither seems to be opening up the unit. I’m afraid to put too much pressure on either part in case I break the light or pull wires out. Can anyone advise how I can get into the bulb to replace it, photo attached. Thanks very much.D6958FC1-C5BA-440D-BEBE-F691EAFFBE63.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a metal ring clipped around the edges of the bulb to hold it in place. Just squeeze the 2 prongs of the clip together and the clip and bulb should just fall out.

It’s above a shower so it will be fairly tight to keep steam and moisture out.

Usually, it’s just a slight anti-clockwise turn of the bezel, but I have had the same issues.
One solution was to unclog out the ceiling, disconnect it from wiring and take it to the workshop- had to grip the fitting in the vice to hold it as I turned the bezel.

I ended up replacing both my bathroom lights with newer LED fittings because of the hassle changing lamps.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. It’s much appreciated. Still unable to get into the unit but I think I might just replace the whole thing if it’s this much trouble. Have a great day and thanks again ??

Reply to Need help replacing light bulb over shower in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net