Discuss New Liquid Battery in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I want to know what people think this battery will do in the market.

New residential liquid storage battery (not lithium-ion)
12 kwh storage
3 kw continuous wattage, no peak
12 year warranty at 90% capacity
No moving parts
Environmentally friendly
Physically safe
4' x 3' x 2' size
$7,000 including inverter

Not selling, new battery coming out of a major US University.

I would like to know how you think this new battery will do against Tesla Powerwall, LG Chem, Sonnan and all lithium-ion batteries.

Your help will be appreciated in the development of this battery.

Wet cells have hardly improved since Leclanche came along with his 3 pint porous pot :) Do you indeed have a link ?

Can't be Brine, they already exist in commercial use.
Must be this;

or this;

or this or any one of the many liquid battery discoveries;

Last edited:
That pricing is higher than LiIon for the same capacity. In the UK, our grid supply is still substantially cheaper than any battery/PV solution. Therefore, for the UK, as long as you can get grid access... it's a no-brainer.

Do you jave a link?

Sounds like the size of a small chest freezer, is that really how big they are?
Sorry, no website. Still in the lab, but we just halved it to the size of a lithium-ion battery. Also passed cycling test, still going (15 year warranty at 90%). Lithium ion warranties are 10 years at 70%. As soon as it is out of the lab (soon), I will put up a website. Thank you for your comment.
[automerge]1568493806[/automerge]
Can't be Brine, they already exist in commercial use.
Must be this;

or this;

or this or any one of the many liquid battery discoveries;
Hope to be out of the lab very soon, redox battery. Sorry, no website. Still in the lab, but we just halved it to the size of a lithium-ion battery. Also passed cycling test, still going (15 year warranty at 90%). Lithium ion warranties are 10 years at 70%. As soon as it is out of the lab (soon), I will put up a website. Thank you for your comment.

That pricing is higher than LiIon for the same capacity. In the UK, our grid supply is still substantially cheaper than any battery/PV solution. Therefore, for the UK, as long as you can get grid access... it's a no-brainer.
The price is competitive, $7500 to $10,000 is normal for this size lithium ion battery. Tesla is $7500 in the USA. I can not speak for the UK. This battery will give twice the life expectancy, we just extended the cycling in latest testing. The battery will be able to offer at least a 15 year warranty at 90%. Lithium ion only offer 10 years at 70%.

Reply to New Liquid Battery in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock