Discuss NIC Domestic Installer Assessment in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello to you all, Having my first ever Domestic Installer assessment on Thursday (Was previously a QS for 11 years for an approved contractor... but that was 5 years ago!!) and was wondering had anyone just had an assessment or knows what they are majoring on at the moment? Thanks in advance!

I have read lots of errrr shall we say funny comments regarding the Part P scheme..... Quite funny!!! The company I'm setting the team up for are only looking at domestic work hence the application. Still bloody nervous about the assessment anyway!

I have read lots of errrr shall we say funny comments regarding the Part P scheme..... Quite funny!!! The company I'm setting the team up for are only looking at domestic work hence the application. Still bloody nervous about the assessment anyway!
I am only pulling your leg, your a proper spark and you have my respect, as for the assessment, you will need to prove you can test and inspect and have the right insurance, otherwise it is a breeze. A spark like yourself who has been a QS will find it very easy indeed. Welcome to the forum fella.

Don't worry.... in our profession we are all used to banter! Definitely got the right insurance... I can test... but the two jobs offered are a right pigs ear! So going to be interesting on the regs and the condition reports! (First two I've done.... was a PIR last time I did one!!!) But got quite a few questions for the assessor..... And left a few blatant observations too! ;)

Is it your company, or are you dong this for another company so they can then notify Part P jobs?

Hello to you all, Having my first ever Domestic Installer assessment on Thursday (Was previously a QS for 11 years for an approved contractor... but that was 5 years ago!!) and was wondering had anyone just had an assessment or knows what they are majoring on at the moment? Thanks in advance!
or D minor more like...

as in Damian made them look minor....

No not my company.... just setting this up and I think they'll want me full time as Installations manager/QS/general dogsbody!!!

Then surely you need an ''Approved Contractor'' assessment if your going to be signing off other none part Pee registered electricians work!! DI assessment is for '''Self Certification'' only as far as i'm aware. I'll let others here correct me if i'm wrong on this point??

Did check this out and asked the question and had email confirmation we can apply for full approval on Domestic Installer assessment and not just defined approval for Electrical Trainee kitchen works! But I suppose they will try and get another assessment fee to upgrade us to defined scope approved contractor status!?

Did check this out and asked the question and had email confirmation we can apply for full approval on Domestic Installer assessment and not just defined approval for Electrical Trainee kitchen works! But I suppose they will try and get another assessment fee to upgrade us to defined scope approved contractor status!?
eh?....

Did check this out and asked the question and had email confirmation we can apply for full approval on Domestic Installer assessment and not just defined approval for Electrical Trainee kitchen works! But I suppose they will try and get another assessment fee to upgrade us to defined (Full) scope approved contractor status!?

In that case, it just makes the whole part pee scam system a complete farse!! One has to ask, when does self assessment mean assessing and testing others work??

Reply to NIC Domestic Installer Assessment in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net