Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Now don’t laugh, I’ve not lost my marbles altogether. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Knobhead

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Now don’t laugh, I’ve not lost my marbles altogether.

A mate has just asked what qualifications he needs to legitimately do PAT testing. He’s got the first qualification, a partial frontal lobotomy.
Does he need any paper qualifications?

Aico 3000 Range

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
2nd qualification is the ability to switch off from reality.

snowhead

-
Mentor
No qualifications required but;

2 arms, both with hands on would be useful.

At least 1 working eye.

I'm struggling now for anything else..

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
blinkers for when under dolly bird secretarys' desks. to concentrate on the electrical bits.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
i dunno, zombies have a right to live as well.

snowhead

-
Mentor
Can I just add I'm competent to do PAtesting and fully qualified, here's how.

My non electrical mate fancied doing it.
He went on a "course", qualified same day.
Asked me to pick him a tester, which I did off Ebay.

Showed him how to use it.
He got a large office as his first job, 200 + items, asked me to help as he'd forgotten what they said on the course.

So because my mate did the course and he told me what they said and I taught him with that information, I must be qualified, not only to test but also to instruct??

Never again will I go near PAtesting.
He gave up shortly after.

P.S everything passed, after the obligitary half a dozen new 13amp plugs were fitted, cause that's what they also said on the course, make some money on extras.

K

Knobhead

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
blinkers for when under dolly bird secretarys' desks. to concentrate on the electrical bits.
This perv will be buying magnifying glasses if anyone’s daft enough to trust him.

topquark

-
Mentor
Arms
It's just down to the good old proving competence, if a problem ever came about from someone using one of the bits of PAT tested equipment. Or if someone was hurt with him on site working (for example flash testing something). If he's going on to a building site to do the work, he'll probably need an ECS card as well.

M

Mark_Burgess

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In reality he only needs a tester and a copy of the Code of practice for the In-service and Inspection of Electrical Equipment, with that book he has something to refer to. As long as he has the ability to read and can operate the tester, he is competent.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Now don’t laugh, I’ve not lost my marbles altogether. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom