Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss NVQ Assessments on 'site'. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Good mornin' people,

I've been told that my NVQ assessments have to be completed on site. My question is;

Do these assessments have to be completed on a construction, commercial, industrial, site?
Or can they be completed while doing works in a domestic property/house?

Do I need to be employed or can I be self employed for assessments?

If 'site' refers to any area that I'll be carrying out an installation is there any issue with me completing CU replacement, extra sockets, extractor fan install, etc, in my own home for NVQ assessment??

Any advise and info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

P.s; Sorry if this post is in the wrong section :/

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Loki

-
Trainee
Supporter
Advent Win
I've been told that my NVQ assessments have to be completed on site. My question is;

Do these assessments have to be completed on a construction, commercial, industrial, site?
Or can they be completed while doing works in a domestic property/house?

NVQ site visits can be done anywhere.

Do I need to be employed or can I be self employed for assessments?

You need to be in employment as you will need your portfolio jobs signed off by a qualified person supervising you.

If 'site' refers to any area that I'll be carrying out an installation is there any issue with me completing CU replacement, extra sockets, extractor fan install, etc, in my own home for NVQ assessment??

See above

Any advise and info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

T

The Ghost

You need to be in employment
Not so. I have signed off trainees work for workers who are not employed by me and customers have signed off work for me as well as other electricians on site for my portfolio.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice one, thanks guys. Incidentally I'm half way through my L3 course and after asking my tutor the same question he said you can be employed, self employed or complete the work in your own home. The assessors are not particularly interested where, they just want evidence of competence and to be able to assess you completing works while undergoing them.

Reply to NVQ Assessments on 'site'. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom