Discuss outlet pillars in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Doomed

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have been sent to inspect a caravan park the company I work for has been looking after for years.
Immediately I see that each output pillar for the pitches has one RCD covering 2 mcb's and thier sockets.
I believe that this is not on (708.553.1.13)
As our company has inspected this site for the last few years and not noticed, and as these pillars are off the shelf units is there any way around this issue that does not cause the company I work for to lose face (and me p155 my boss off big style)

Just recommend that it does not comply with the current regulations which have recently been updated and that the recommendation would be to get the pillars upgraded when possible. Overall it is not a major danger just a nuisance since two caravans could be affected by a fault on one.

Reply to outlet pillars in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

For various reasons out of my control, we have wound up in a situation where we have 1.5mm SWA cables buried in these pillars and exiting out of...
Replies
Views
Morning all, We are looking at qualification requirements for inspection and testing to BS EN 60204, all of our work is past the main isolator of...
Replies
Views
I have a towel dryer on an interior wall in my bathroom, wired off the last stop in my loop of bathroom outlets. This thing has been installed...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I've been tasked with adding a PV system on to a site which has a 1600A SAIF feeder pillar as its incomer. Not overly familiar with...
Replies
Views
Morning, Company had an external contractor coming in to complete an EICR recently. They have gave us the report with a C2 for holes in trunking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock