Discuss outside lights that are supplied with flex already in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

allybally

Why do manufacturers supply there ground lights with flex, with no way of connecting an armoured gland to the bottom, I'm on about the garden uplights on a spike, and following is running flexible plastic conduit a fair way of protecting the (will get burried) cables also with an RCD

Many thanks for reading
Ally

Spike lights are designed so that you can move them around and spike them in wherever you want them. Wouldn't be so easy if you did attached SWA to them.

With them having a length of flex they can be moved easily for gardening or mowing the lawn to happen.

It is not unusual to install 2 or 5 amp sockets for them so they can be easily moved.

Reply to outside lights that are supplied with flex already in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening everyone . Currently looking at pricing a job up . It’s a hot tub supply . Outside socket with a few spare ways in an outdoor cu . 10mm...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon All Currently doing an EICR on common parts of a big site with multiple blocks. All blocks have outside garden spike lighting in...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
What would of stopped this happening? Job I did this morning. SWA supply for outbuilding had sliced basic insulation at the gland due to poor...
Replies
Views
Planning on doing some outside lighting, armoured around the perimeter of garden, glanded into adaptable boxes, then conduit mounted up fence...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock