Discuss pfc testing on three phase with fluke 1561 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

mcm

-
Reaction score
Don't do much three phase and a bit of help would be helpful.On three phase when testing for pfc am I right in saying that I connect the leads to L-N and don't need the earth lead connected. As I'm not sure of putting the meter across all phase, so double the reading that is highest of the three phases. Anyone with a fluke 1561 malfunction testers help would be great. Thanks

mcm,
Does the 1651 do phase rotation?
If so it can take the 400V across the inputs, check the instructions to see if it does ph-ph fault current.
These are available from the Fluke website.
My 1653 does, but I can't remember IF the 1651 does as I have not paid any attention to that section in the manual for that meter, sorry.

The Manuel is for the 1561-1563 I think it does say something about it but don't want it to go bang. If it is ok would I switch to L-N using f1 and test across L1 and N
, L2 and N and L3 and N then take the highest reading as my pfc.

tester don't do phase rotation.

PFC is the highest value between PSSC and PEFC, on a three phase supply this will always be PSSC as L-L PSSC will be the highest, so if the meter wont do this then you must take L-N PSSC and then double it.

Il look tomorrow if it does saying it does I test across all phases and take the highest. Does it need to be connected to neutral or earth if a three lead tester or does it normally use two leads L N.

thanks

mcm,
Does the 1651 do phase rotation?
If so it can take the 400V across the inputs, check the instructions to see if it does ph-ph fault current.
These are available from the Fluke website.
My 1653 does, but I can't remember IF the 1651 does as I have not paid any attention to that section in the manual for that meter, sorry.

It doesn't only the 1653/4 do

Reply to pfc testing on three phase with fluke 1561 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net