Discuss Pick the bones out of that little lot ... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So bad. Very dangerous. Whoever did this is either totally oblivious to the danger to the tenants or does not care. Either way they should not be doing electrical work of any kind. ??????

Well I was watching that, thinking yeah, it's bad, but come on it's not the worst ever, or absolutely terrible/dangerous, yeah needs sorting out, but you need to get out a bit more and see the rubbish that does exist.

Then he moved the plasterboard.......

Oh s***.......

The bigger question is this a very typical modern domestic electrical installation and what we should be expecting to find in 2020

i have seen worse recently in peoples homes , worse like by passed rcds or circuits connected to the top of the main switch due to nuisance tripping on very recently installed consumer units

standards appear to be getting worse not better

it takes a lot of effort to balls something up as much as that.

I'd like to think that there's no way that's been installed by a proper sparks with half a conscience...

The bigger question is this a very typical modern domestic electrical installation and what we should be expecting to find in 2020

i have seen worse recently in peoples homes , worse like by passed rcds or circuits connected to the top of the main switch due to nuisance tripping on very recently installed consumer units

standards appear to be getting worse not better
More to the point, it's quite possible that this 'install' replaced something that was dated, but much more professionally installed - ripped out to meet some tick box requirement.

Having said that, I doubt anyone put their name to that on a certificate.

Well I was watching that, thinking yeah, it's bad, but come on it's not the worst ever, or absolutely terrible/dangerous, yeah needs sorting out, but you need to get out a bit more and see the rubbish that does exist.

Then he moved the plasterboard.......

Oh s***.......
Exactly the same as me.

The only option there is to take off and nuke it from orbit.

I did install some Axiom stuff a while back and it wasn't too bad tbh - no real difference to Wylex or similar brands - but obviously the problems here are more to do with installation than the parts. And apparently a desire to remove as many knockouts as possible!

Reply to Pick the bones out of that little lot ... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net