Discuss power consumption... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

legepe

-
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am not an electrician, but I am someone who needs some help from someone that can..
I have 240 slot machines to install and the avarage power consumption from each one is 569W when on full power..
I will have a choice to power them with 240V or 110V and I need to calculate the overall consumption...
I know that 569W is the ave rated power consumption per machine but is this based on per hour, or what?
Can someone please help...
Many thanks
legepe

Overall power consumption is 136.56kW (240 * 569W).
This is the power required when all of the machines are on.
Why do you need to know this?
You say "is this based on per hour, or what?". The electrical companies charge you by Kw/h. Therefore you would be charged for 136.56 units if the machines were on for an hour (based on your average power of 569W).

569 watts is the power rating. 1000watts for 1 hour is i unit of electricity ( kilowatthour ) if your supplier charges 15p per unit, then your hourly rate of consumption per machine is 0.569 x 15 = 8.54p/hour. so 240 machines would cost £20.48 per hour to run.

Last edited:
Im informed that price of electricity is [FONT=&quot]USD 0.45 per KW hour therefore 240 machines powered on for 18 hours per day = 2458kw which would cost per day 1106 USD
Does this seem possible...? ah and are my calculations correct..
Thanks
legepe
[/FONT]

18 x .45 x 0.569 x 240 = 1106usd... yep.

need a lot of losing punters to pay for that little lot. now i know why i never win on 'em. $$$$$ for elec. co. $$$$$ for machine owner $$$$$$ for site rent, $$$$$$$ for everyone except me.

Reply to power consumption... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net