Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Pricing larger new build in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Morning all

Need some advice on pricing a 6 bedroom house with a swimming pool.

Im use to pricing your average 3 bedroom new build but this is another step for me.

The house is 37m x 24m

Ground floor: Play room, family room, dining room, gallery/entrance, kitchen, pantry, study, sitting room, gym, utility room, plant room, craft room, gardeners wc, swimming pool

1st floor: 6 bedrooms, all en suits, 3 have large dressing rooms, ac room, laundry room, gallery/landing

Most downlights everywhere, all data and tv in rooms, 63a supply to swimming pool for now, no info on heating yet

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Could you not get the price you charge for doing the same to a 3 bedroom, divide it by the number of rooms, then times it by the number of rooms in the big house.
See what figure you get then, as a ball-park figure

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Could you not get the price you charge for doing the same to a 3 bedroom, divide it by the number of rooms, then times it by the number of rooms in the big house.
See what figure you get then, as a ball-park figure
Not a bad shout

TJ Anderson

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
100A supply I assume?

63A supply for the swimming pool? How much load will be connected and for what duration?

Houses this size can spiral quickly ...

I have worked on 6-7 bed houses that start off at around £100k then quickly spiral up and up and end up at £200k..
I have worked on houses with a £350k electrical budget.

Are you supplying everything??

What accessories are being used?? Very Unlikely White plastic will be spec, so you could end up with Wandsworth accessories at £30 a double socket

Is there a Lightning design ??

SJD

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Could you not get the price you charge for doing the same to a 3 bedroom, divide it by the number of rooms, then times it by the number of rooms in the big house. See what figure you get then, as a ball-park figure
I think the above approach will likely underestimate somewhat.

Last large house I worked on, similar size/rooms, there was a lot more installed that you'd expect in a typical 3 or 4 bed.

Some examples:
- Marker lights in ensuites activated on entry, so you don't need to put on main lights in the middle of the night.
- Marker lights on staircases.
- Wardrobe lights.
- Data & speaker cables from everywhere back to a central cupboard.
- Some rooms had 7 speaker points, others maybe only 4 (we used 2km of nice speaker cable).
- Separate satellite & freeview coax distribution
- Kitchen big hob, 2 regular ovens, steam oven, warming drawers, built-in microwave, etc.
- Some 3 or even 4 way light switching (e.g. landing lights).
- Beside lights plus 3-way switching for main bedroom lights.

And the accessories will all be some decorative finish, perhaps grid switch modules.

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Houses this size can spiral quickly ...

I have worked on 6-7 bed houses that start off at around £100k then quickly spiral up and up and end up at £200k..
I have worked on houses with a £350k electrical budget.

Is there a Lightning design ??
If your talking in those terms, I'm sure there would be a full spec involved.
Is there, by any chance? It doesn't seem so.

TJ Anderson

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Ask for a full spec of what they want. If they can't then say you are happy to design it for them, consulting as you go along.........on day work :)

T

Toneyz

Leesparkykent is familiar with this type of top end new build and pricing. There is usually a lot to get involved with.

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Pricing larger new build in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Electrical Forum 0
T DIY Tiling 0
A Electrical Forum 1
C Electrical Forum 5
S Electrical Forum 16
Top Bottom