CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Problem with Light Reflective Films (LRF) in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Dear

I would like to ask if any of you had some problem with Light Reflective Films (LRF) from Canadian Solar solar panel. The problem I had is the undesired reflection from the busbar at a certain module angle.

If someone has experience with it, could you give me some advice to avoid/eliminate this kind of problem? Thank you.

lrf.jpg

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why not ask the manufacturer?
We asked them, but they said that is a part of their product to enhance the power output. The reflection only makes some aesthetic problem so we cannot claim anything. I just want to know if there is a way to avoid it in the future perhaps.

T

The Ghost

I can understand you cannot as you put it claim anything. But then you are not trying to claim anything you are trying to sort out a problem with reflectance. Surely with the amount of panels you seem to have purchased they would be willing to assist you in overcoming your problem?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can understand you cannot as you put it claim anything. But then you are not trying to claim anything you are trying to sort out a problem with reflectance. Surely with the amount of panels you seem to have purchased they would be willing to assist you in overcoming your problem?
I contacted them but the answer is general and no solution was found. We now stop buying the module with LRF but more or less the problem is there

T

The Ghost

Put a screen up at the edge of the roof. Get a refund? as they are not what you expected to buy. Paint the offending part with a non reflective clear coating. Can you do a diagram of exactly what you mean that is reflecting?

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Problem with Light Reflective Films (LRF) in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom