Discuss Rental roof - Personal Fit?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SRE

We have a customer with an adjoining house that they rent out. The adjoining roof is better for installation than their own roof for lots of reasons so the plan is to install on one roof and run the cabling into the house the customer lives in. I can't see any problems with this in the short term but I'm concerned about what happens if they ever decide to sell the house next door.

I'm assuming that you would decommission the installation from the house the customer currently lives in and attach it to the rented house that they would be selling but the re-installation wouldn't qualify for Feed in Tariff - they aren't planning to sell but it's just to make sure that all angles are covered.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Worcester - I can't see any tax implications because they are using the electricity in their own house and taking the Fit themselves. I saw the gemserve stuff it's interesting, I was telling our customer yesterday all about it they thought I was dead brainy :) but I'm thinking 10 - 15 years down the line just in case they decided to sell. They certainly haven't any intention to sell at the minute I think they're thinking it's an inheritance.

I emailed MCS@gemserve thinking they would look at this for me - they sent me to the Energy Saving trust and said they were the experts! Have I lost the plot I thought Gemserve were responsible for delivery and interpretation of the MCS scheme? Any other suggestions???????

Reply to Rental roof - Personal Fit?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net