Discuss report after flood damage in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davethsparky

I have to go to a house where a spot of indoor rain has occured and check out the electrics in the affected area as part of the repair works specified by the insurer. Naturally they are asking for a written report to confirm all is ok or what is required to make all ok.

I have done this a fair few times before and know how good water is at getting to the most unlikely places, particularly when it runs down conduits and fills uop the back of sockets.

Normally I carry out thorough visual inspection, do all the necessary tests and record them on a test results sheet and attach the test results sheet to a written report on exactly what I did or did not find.
I am given to wondering what paperwork you guys would be providing for this kind of thing, obviously the EICR paperwork is the only standard form that would be appropriate but a lot of it is irrelevant to the task in hand. It is literally a test of the one or two affected circuits and a check of the basic essentials, not a full blown EICR inspection and test. A visual condition report form on the other hand doesn't give any record of the tests carried out and in my opinion isn't up to the job
Where I think it would be beneficial I will recommend a full EICR be carried out but this is not in the remit of the current job.

Use an EICR and identify the extent of the installation tested on page 1 ,for example inspection of circuits 1 and 2 only Write N/A in the parts of the reports that are not aplicable

I had thought along the same lines as you are saying but it just strikes me as pointless to have a large amount of the paperwork filled in with N/A or LIM.

So you fill the paperwork out only for the circuits you're working on. In the limitations box you state why. Jobs a goodun.

Reply to report after flood damage in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net