Discuss Returning to trade in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Suede Ed

Hello, I have 236 1 and 2 and wish to return to doing domestic work, after a gap of about 10 years. I realise I need to do a 17th course, but what about testing? has 2391 been replaced? From what I can see a regs course is £500, and I'm guessing a test course would be the same? Then I need to register with elecsa or similar? Thanks for looking

Have you got 2391? If you have it's still valid mate.
For that bit of advice I'll only charge you £350 thus you're still £150 up on the deal :)

Cheers for the replies chaps, rompling, why? IR etc enough? farmelectrics, during the gap worked in rail industry (carriage manufacture) 7 years, have done some domestic stuff now and then for a mate who has is own firm, but he's moved down south, so I want to start on my own, Trev no I havnt, i'll put the 150 towards a tester......

Domestic isn't really worth it mate it's one big race to the bottom thesedays, as for the testing it's split into 2 courses now the 2394 and the 2395 to be classed as an approved spark you'll need to sit both and they are/were about 500 quid each but some places do a discount if you book and sit both courses with them

I've had a scan round the net, and for 2 grand theres an 18 day D I course that includes regs and testing, c and g accredited, but I'm guessing you all think its tosh?! Thanks for the replies chaps, wanted to prepare for retirement in a few years, but might have to rethink....

Do the 17th course mate, download a copy of approved document P, do some notifiable stuff in your own home, apply, get in. It really is that simple

the regs course (17th), you can do at local college for about £250 inc. exam. you'll need the new 17th ( due out jan 2015 ) about £70 as well.

Reply to Returning to trade in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net