Search the forum,

Discuss rewire of house and energy efficiency in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'd only be worried about this if the LABC are involved in the project!

Elecsa, Napit and NICEIC can't be bothered to police poor electricians let alone going around counting low energy bulbs!!!!!!!!!!!1

I was talking to an old electrician a while back who had sold his house a few years previously (back in the days of HIPS). The "energy efficiency" surveyor had been round counting "bulbs" and had informed his wife that there were over 100 lamps in the house and only 2 were energy saving types. "You're joking" she said, "I thought I'd got rid of all of them..."

60% of what we put in now are non " low energy" fittings which we fit with SMD LEDs which are more efficient than CFLs by a country mile, makes a joke out of the lighting parts of Part L

Reply to rewire of house and energy efficiency in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, On a job at the moment and trying to Work out cable size needed for property supply. Lots going on and struggle to work out...
Replies
Views
I've recently has an EICR (report attached) carried out on my two bed flat because I need to rent it out for a year. The electrician has come back...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back