Discuss Samsung lcd tv in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

monkeyelectric

Evening all, would any of you kind people know what the cause would be for my samsung 40 " tv to have sound but no picture? There's nothing there, the screen is just black. It was working quite happily yesterday but i've just got in and switched it on and this has happened.

press tv/dtv to put it onto analogue, then press the power button to power it off, then press tv/dtv again to power it back on, then that should come up with a fuzzy screen on analogue, leave for a few seconds then press tv/dtv again to put back to digital and the picture will come back, been there got the Tshirt with the samsung M8.

press tv/dtv to put it onto analogue, then press the power button to power it off, then press tv/dtv again to power it back on, then that should come up with a fuzzy screen on analogue, leave for a few seconds then press tv/dtv again to put back to digital and the picture will come back, been there got the Tshirt with the samsung M8.
Ah, i'd better put it back together and try that first then :D
I don't seem to have a dtv/tv button on the remote, its probably about 5 year old now, how old is yours Mike?
Right! Found the dtv/tv button i was being blind as usual! Unfortunately it still doesn't work :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful Tvs but riddled with issues. My lodgers TV randomly turns it self on for some wierd reason, i googled it and it appears to be a common problem.

Ah, i'd better put it back together and try that first then :D
I don't seem to have a dtv/tv button on the remote, its probably about 5 year old now, how old is yours Mike?
Right! Found the dtv/tv button i was being blind as usual! Unfortunately it still doesn't work :(

3 to 4 years M8, what have you got on the remote, Samsungs are difficult to control and have had major complaints by thousands of owners, I have nearly kicked mine up and down the road before working out how to reset the picture.

you may have to practice with the dtv/tv button a few times to get it working M8, sometime it takes me 2 -3 attempts to get the picture back.

I don't even know where to begin in the back of that thing, bloody capacitors everywhere! Its only electronics though so how hard can it be? :D

Too hard for me, my probe tips are about 5x bigger than the components.
Zapped myself on the input caps on an Apple power supply earlier that I've been given to fix!
Discharge the buggers next time.

Too hard for me, my probe tips are about 5x bigger than the components.
Zapped myself on the input caps on an Apple power supply earlier that I've been given to fix!
Discharge the buggers next time.
I know what your saying, everything is tiny in there, I wouldn't even know where to start looking!

Very good point bud, I have experienced the same problem too, and it was a scart not pushed in properly, but I would expect the OP writer to have checked that??? surely haha
Assume nothing where i'm concerned :D i once broke down on the motorway so i rang my old man to come out with a tow rope and loads of tools when all i needed was a gallon of diesel :D i'm not the most observant of people but this time yes the scart and other leads are fine, i think the problem lies deeper :(

Sounds like a power supply fault, and would agree caps are the usual caurse....suggest from the power input follow circuit back any see if any of the caps have there tops distorted or basically swollon,

only ever bought one samsung TV... had it a week before returning it !

kept turning itself on during the night scaring the living daylights out of you, plus the volume was crap !

only ever bought LG since then, never had an issue with LG stuff either. always been good !

Reply to Samsung lcd tv in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net