Discuss schedules of items tested in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

diditrain

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, trying to get my paperwork in order for upcoming assessment.
On the schedule of items tested form sent by ELECSA for insulation resistance readings, there is no column for values between neutral to earth, only live to live and live to earth.
Downloaded a sheet from the IET and this one is the same.
Is there a schedule of items tested for recording three seperate values L-N, L-E and N-E still available anywhere?

Just record the lowest value of your "L to E" results on your test results and that will be sufficient --- as per the ELECSA sheet. The "L to E" covers both the phase (live) and neutral results, you just want the lowest. If there is a real big discrepancy between the two you can note the other reading in the remarks column.

Never had any problems doing this with any of my ELECSA assessments!

Hi all, trying to get my paperwork in order for upcoming assessment.
On the schedule of items tested form sent by ELECSA for insulation resistance readings, there is no column for values between neutral to earth, only live to live and live to earth.
Downloaded a sheet from the IET and this one is the same.
Is there a schedule of items tested for recording three seperate values L-N, L-E and N-E still available anywhere?
so what? just fill the sheets in, work to the sheets and record the others, if your asked you can always produce the results the sheets didn't ask for, don't overcomplicate it M8

Remember/look up the definitions of Live conductors.

I would take Live - Live as referring to Line - Neutral or Line - Line on poly-phase systems.
Live - Earth as referring to Line - Earth and Neutral - Earth .

Recording the worst measured values.

If doing a Periodic when you can test LN(connected) - Earth, mark Live - Live as N/V.

if you prefer to carry out the L-E and N-E tests seperately , and to be honest i always do ,
then as archy suggests just record the lowest of the 2 readings.

if you actually want to record these results individually on a cert , and its perfectly acceptable to want to do so , then you'll have to design your own shedule or edit someone elses to insert the extra column.

ive done both in the past ;-)

Reply to schedules of items tested in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net