Discuss Scheme Logos on work uniform. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have my own logos on T-shirts and I got off Ebay these quite good iron on vinyl logos for £3 each that I've ironed on to some plan black Matalan jumpers, so far they have lasted a good few washes..
I have no scheme branding though.

Appologizes Pete, I have a tendency of not making my posts very clear.

What I was meant was when I'm standing at the counter in my local wholesalers, I noticed that 9 out of 10 times the person next to me has got NICEIC plastered all over his T-shirt. I didn't mean the wholesalers were selling them.

I think they might be purchased through the schemes, NICEIC might be recommended their members wear them ? I know they have a bit of reputation for strongly recommending their members use their test forms etc.
No worries Mate, nothing to apologize for.

tried some iron on logos. they dissolved in the wash. current polo shirts were screen printed in South Africa. no problems so far.

I'm against advertising these scams err I mean schemes but the way things are going I think we are getting to the point
Whereas the bloke that doesn't sport a logo will be discriminated against . Also the market leader ( niceic) will carry more clout and eventually be the only game in town. Watch their fees rocket then ! The irony is we will have brought it about ourselves with the free advertising and marketing .

At the end of the day it’s business everyone is going to do what’s in the best interest for their own business to advertise themselves in the best way they see fit whether that’s signs on a van, company clothing, leaflets, website etc.

In the time I was with my scheme, not one domestic customer asked me which scheme I was with, or even knew of such a system.

I suspect some commercial or industrial customers might know might, but how would that have an impact on site or in the wholesalers?

Surely the point of logo's on your kit, is to advertise your business not someone else's. Nice polo shirts mind, those AVS ones. Hides my six pack :rolleyes:

Householders shouldn’t necessarily have to know about the schemes, they just want and expect an electrician who knows what the hell they are doing.
Part P knowledge who be helpful so they know that that should receive the appropriate certificates etc.

I’m really struggling to see what the issue is here.
Sounds like a few are a bit ‘salty’ about seeing others in NICEIC logo clothing.
If I paid £1K to register with the NICEIC, I too would use every opportunity to try and get my monies worth.
Like it or not, it’s as plain as the nose on your face, that being in the NICEIC, is far more recognised by joe public than by any other scheme provider which will lead to some extra work opportunities.
I was going to register with NAPIT, until I mentioned it to my wider family and friends, some of which are in the building trades.......no one had heard of anyone else except NICEIC.

@Rodders099 I'm not a big fan of the NICEIC, I'm not getting into why.
Like I said im just after opinions, there's no right or wrong answer.

I'm sure NAPIT and Stroma do logos on clothing too but I just don't notice them so much. Seems to be a trend with the NICEIC more, that's all.

I don't see any problem with anyone wearing whatever logos they see fit if it is relevant to their trade.

I like to look relatively smart and will get new troosers before the arris starts dropping out on them etc.

I wear the free Polo shirts I got from Schneider simply because they are smart looking, comfy and I like the colour. I wouldn't turn up to any job wearing tracky bottoms, trainers and one of those daft supposed work t shirts you get with a big bold graphic covering the front of it.

Looking smart is, in my view, more professional.

Till you get covered in brick dust, mastic, Polyfilla & expanding foam.

Yeah Mid there is that obviously. I hate getting mastic on my gear though and will buy some new trousers if they were looking scruffy. Brick dust and filler normally wash out, and expanding foam is an evil material I try to stay away from!

Reply to Scheme Logos on work uniform. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net