Discuss security alarm for caravan in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

amckay

In the wrong place I know but I don't have access to that part of the forum. I've been asked to supply and install an alarm on a static holiday caravan. It got me thinking coz you rarely see a caravan with an alarm, where can I find a 4 zone wireless alarm that sends a text message to the owner upon activation, that is as cheap as chips?

In the wrong place I know but I don't have access to that part of the forum. I've been asked to supply and install an alarm on a static holiday caravan. It got me thinking coz you rarely see a caravan with an alarm, where can I find a 4 zone wireless alarm that sends a text message to the owner upon activation, that is as cheap as chips?
Any wholesaler or Shed lol

Your choice of communication device will depend on whether you have a landline or not, if you haven't then the GSM options come in more expensive

you could hire mysavage guard dogs. but don't feed them after midnight.IMG_0520.jpg

Cheap as chips = problems.
The caravan will experience large temperature changes so your cheap equipment might not cope very well.
The Texecom & Honeywell panels listed above are a good starting point. If it was me I would not use PIR's and probably go for a beam detector.
I would also be installing a min 7Ah battery as it could take a few good hours for some one to reset your caravans RCD if it was to operate when your not their, and as already stated a GSM coms as a min again.

Cheap as chips = that famous auction site and search "gsm alarm" you pays your money you take a chance, don't know how good, bad or indifferent they are

I know the old saying if you buy cheap you buy twice. What I meant (and should have said) is a decent bit of kit for a reasonable price lol
And I never even thought about temp changes! Thanks

Reply to security alarm for caravan in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net