Discuss Security lighting and remote pir s in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

s18mcn

|Hello everyone, Im looking at installing security lighting around a propery probably 6 halogens ne on each corne etc controlled via pirs also around the house probably 4. My question is can you use more than one pir in a circuit as the customer wants all the lights to come on no matter which sensor is triggered. This will be controlled via a contactor and a override switch.

Yes you can just link the Pirs in paralell and connect to the lights with 3 core and earth then the Pirs which is triggered will switch the lights on ,only probelm is that you will get back feed to the other PIR so isolation notices etc will be required ,also you may also need a diode across the pir this will stop the light flashing when the PIR switches of which is some time the case so you 3 core will be PERM live, Switch live, neutral and cpc/earth

Last edited by a moderator:
best way is to use a dedicated control unit. 4 PIRs wired in alarm cable to unit, Halogens wired back to control unit,. any PIR triggering tells the controller to switch on the lights, time is set in the controller which is like a minature 4 zone alarm panel. If I rem. correct, the ones I have used in the past are called GED. Also, you get an audible buzzer from the controller when the PIRs trigger, even when the lights don't come on in daylight. Just have to make sure the controller has sufficient load capability for your halogens.Easiest way of doing the job.

Oh, forgot, the controllers have a manual override button.

i stand corrected. gjd not ged. must be the altzeimers kicking in. either that or the beer. it was 15 years ago i last used the gear!!!

Reply to Security lighting and remote pir s in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net