Discuss Setting up Danfoss VLT FC51 in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lokesh

Hi,

I have installed VLT FC51 to control the speed of motor based on values it receives from Differential Pressure Transmitter (DPT). However, I have never set-up a frequency converter before, so someone could please help me in programming it.

I have connected the DPT output to port 60 of LVT and can see FC51 is receiving values between 4-20mA as desired.

What I would like to do is:

1. at Reference value of 4mA I would like to run motor at 100% speed or 50hz
2. at Reference value of 10mA I would like to run motor at 40Hz and
3. at Reference value of 16mA I would like to run motor at 30Hz

I am using MCT-10 software to program the VLT. Could someone please guide me how to achieve above mentioned desired result.

Thanks.

I've not done this before either albeit I've fiddled with countless Danfoss's. I'll look into it and let you know if I can help (well...try to...)

I'm just flicking thru... Danfoss documents

... and getting nowhere...

Last edited by a moderator:
untitled.jpg

I think i'd try

setting min ref to 4ma and max ref to 16ma, in Parameter set 3
setting min hz to 30 and max to 50, Param set 4.
setting params 6.00/01 and 6.22 onwards to suit application.

To be honest I'd have to fiddle. Just ensure the speed goes down when the current ref goes up! And loss of input (<4mA) results in the motor stopping or running on, as the process desires.

http://mcliterature.danfoss.com/WebPublish/doc_MG02C402.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks will try as suggested. Just out of curiosity do you know how to setup Smart logic controller: even an example would be helpful for me to understand. Thanks again!

The Smart Logic works the same on the Micro as the FC300 series. Never seen anybody use it on Micro mainly because there is no real time clock. Danfoss have packed the micro with loads of stuff and is extremely good/ cheap. Maybe too good!

Reply to Setting up Danfoss VLT FC51 in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net