Discuss shoddy work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

guinnessgixer

I went to a new kitchen extension today, to do some work....don't shout at me it was plumbing, The electrical work is a disgrace, hes changed the board, cables hanging out of it all over, nothing clipped or in trunking coming into the board, As I looked around nothing was clipped, I opened the cabinet to gain access to the boiler, he has put all the trannys for the under counter lighting in there, couldn't believe it, he has bared the wires and twisted them together and put insulation tape around them, no mechanical fixing whatsoever! I went to turn the water off at the stop tap, he'd taped loose cables falling down the wall to the copper pipe....wtf!!! The architect was in the place I showed him the shoddy work pointing out its not to regs he said that's the trouble with self certification, I've always said it should be someone else checking it. what is wrong with these people??? I hope to god his scheme pick this job to inspect for his annual check up!! rant over feel better for getting it off my chest ;-)

Take photos upload, name and shame.

Sounds utter dogs***.

And just for the record, your architect is wrong. No, someone else should be not checking the work. It should be done properly, by someone (or aided by someone) with the relevant qualifications in the first place.

Yes agree should have taken photos but you really think hes part of any scheme .... that even falls short of a fast Electrical Trainee for someone without previous experience.

I had 1 yesterday, went to put a new bathroom in for a mate, it had a rewire recently by the council come to remove basin and noticed they had bonded to the hot and cold, but could see the pipes had quite a few layers of paint on them removed 1 of the clamps to look and they had just clamped them over the paint lol not even attempted to remove any of it, they would of probably got better continuity taping it to the pedistool lol, took 2 mins to sort it out just shows the standards these days, all main bonding was in place with dual rcd board so really didn't need it, but still if your going to bond it anyway at least do it proper

Reply to shoddy work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net